OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE/FAQ'S
CHANGES FOR 2020
(THIS WILL BE UPDATED & ALTERED AS NEEDED)
Our entire property is now open. We invite you to use our large grassy area, we've always felt this is a huge asset for us- this year more than ever! Our tables and benches are out but also feel free to bring camp/beach chairs, a blanket and have a little ice cream picnic staying a safe distance from one another (that's a minimum of 6')
Masks are only required "in our lines (takeout window included) and inside our building/on our front porch"
This is part of the MAINE EXECUTIVE ORDER THAT IS CURRENTLY IN PLACE FOR ALL "BUSY TAKEOUT LINES". ANY BUSINESS NOT ENFORCING THE ORDER IS LIABLE FOR A $1000 FINE, JAIL OR LOSS OF BUSINESS LICENSE.
* Bring bug spray- it's Maine
*Absolutely no alcohol can be consumed on our property, however feel free to bring your lunch, picnic & enjoy some of our ice cream
*Our hand wash sink inside lobby is closed, and likely will be all season due to allowing minimum people in lobby & the in/out door, & sanitation we'd be required to perform, so bring some hand wipes everywhere you go! We have a cold water & soap outdoor sink set up in the back of the building for your use.
*As in past years we have a porta potty in back of parking lot (it may not have sanitizer in it because people continue to steal the hot commodity, so again bring wipes & sanitizer.) *so far sanitizer has been in there!
*We are not babysitting the back area, major infractions, we'll get involved, if you are very nervous about being around others, tailgating is still totally cool & the sea wall overlooking the beautiful ocean is .5 miles down our road & is in our opinion still the best place anyone can enjoy an ice cream no matter what is happening in the world. Our curbside pickup is also a great option, 11-5
*Do not let children climb ANY of our TREES (hopscotch, & the balancing games are available as well as running around away from other customers & the parking lot)
*Don't forget to snap a photo with your group of the "Life Is Sweet" sign on the back of the "cow shed"
CURRENT POLICIES & PROCEDURES:
1) WE WILL OFFER A "CASHLESS" CHECKOUT OPTION (CREDIT CARD/APPLE OR GOOGLE PAY)- WE WILL STILL TAKE CASH & IF YOU FEEL SAFE, WE PREFER IT (NOT SHARING 3% WITH THE COMPANY PROCESSING OUR PAYMENTS HELPS US)
2) YOU WILL ORDER OUTSIDE AT OUR NEW "TAKE OUT WINDOWS" ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE BUILIDNG (IF OPEN) OR IN LOBBY (IN A MODIFIED FASHION). (SO THERE WILL BE *TWO* LINES FOR YOU TO CHOOSE TO GET IN LINE-*WEATHER & STAFF DEPENDENT ON TAKEOUT WINDOW-MASKS NEEDED IN BOTH)
*TAKEOUT WINDOWS: THERE WILL BE A WINDOW TO ORDER AND A WINDOW TO PICK UP OUTSIDE
*LOBBY: THERE WILL BE AN "ENTER" AND AN "EXIT" DOOR FOR LOBBY ORDERING & LIMITED # IN LOBBY.
3) WE ASK FOR YOU TO GET YOUR ORDER AND THEN WAIT OUTSIDE THE BUILDING FOR THE REMAINDER OF YOUR PARTY TO JOIN YOU (TO LIMIT # IN LOBBY)
4) WE WILL BE OFFERING "TAKE HOME" KITS (SUNDAE KITS ETC), AND OFFER PINT AND QUART ORDERS DURING THE DAYTIME (11-5) OVER THE PHONE FOR CURBSIDE PICKUP NOW THAT WE HAVE ABILITY TO TAKE A CREDIT CARD.
5) THERE WILL BE NO "SAMPLES" GIVEN OUT FOR TASTING FLAVORS (PLEASE RELY ON OUR DESCRIPTIONS ON WEBSITE, POSTS UNDER FLAVOR BOARD IN PARKING AREA AND POSTER INSIDE LOBBY) & YOUR FRIENDS!
* YOU ARE TO KEEP APPROPRIATE SOCIAL DISTANCE AS DETERMINED BY MAINE CDC WHILE IN LINE (WE HAVE PROMPTS INSTALLED TO HELP GUIDE YOU...BUT CAN'T MARK ALL THE WAY DOWN THE STREET SO USE YOUR COMMON SENSE
*FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR STAFF & OTHERS IN LINE & IN COMPLIANCE WE ASK THAT YOU WEAR A FACE COVERING, REQUIRED BY THE CURRENT MAINE EXECUTIVE ORDER AT THIS TIME IF IN A "BUSY TAKEOUT LINE" (UNLESS MEDICALLY UNABLE- IF THAT IS CASE, PLEASE ASK TO SPEAK TO MANAGER OR CALL IF DAYTIME & WE WILL ASSIST YOU).
IF YOU DISAGREE, THAT IS YOUR RIGHT, BUT PLEASE DO NOT GET IN LINE TO BE WAITED ON.
*IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS, PLEASE CHOOSE TO VISIT ANOTHER DAY & STAY HOME AND AWAY FROM OTHERS.
*WE ASK YOU TO USE OUR WEBSITE TO SORT OUT YOUR ORDER AHEAD OF TIME, JOT IT DOWN, SAVE IT ON YOUR PHONE... & THEN ASK YOU TO PLEASE ONLY HAVE 1-2 FAMILY MEMBERS IN LINE FOR EACH PARTY (WE WILL PROVIDE CARRY TRAYS, WE CAN REST YOUR CONE IN A BOWL UPSIDE DOWN) ETC...
HOW WE'RE KEEPING OUR STAFF SAFE & YOU:
1) WE WILL BE TAKING TEMPS OF EMPLOYEES AS THEY ARRIVE FOR WORK TO DETECT ANY FEVER. NO ONE WITH ANY SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS (COVID OR OTHERWISE) WILL BE ALLOWED TO WORK, THIS MAY CAUSE A SHORTNESS OF STAFF FOR THAT SHIFT AND WE APOLOGIZE, BUT OBVIOUSLY WE ALL REALIZE THE NEED FOR THIS.
2) ALL STAFF WORKING IN SHOP & PREPARING WAFFLE CONES WILL BE WEARING A MASK/SHIELD OR FACE COVERING PER EXECUTIVE ORDER RULES. WE WILL WEAR GLOVES WHEN APPROPRIATE COMPLETING CERTAIN DESIGNATED TASKS OTHERWISE WE WILL FOLLOW THE MAINE CDC GUIDELINES AS FOLLOWS, "GOOD HAND HYGIENE PREVENTS SPREAD OF DISEASE. THE BEST HAND HYGIENE IS FREQUENT HAND WASHING. EMPLOYEES SHOULD PRACTICE FREQUENT HAND WASHING & SANITIZING. GLOVES ARE NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR GOOD HYGIENE. HAND SANITIZER CANNOT BE USED FOR FOOD PREPERATION/IN PLACE OF HAND WASHING"
3) WE HAVE INSTALLED PLEXI GLASS "SNEEZE SHIELDS" OVER OUR COUNTER IN THE LOBBY TO PROTECT OUR STAFF, PRODUCT, AND SERVING SURFACES FROM OUR MANY GUESTS.
4) STAFF WILL HAVE DESIGNATED "TASKS" - SCOOPERS WILL NOT BE DOING ORDERS OR HANDLING MONEY
THIS MEANS MORE STAFF ON PAYROLL FOR US- MORE EXPENSE & CAN BE MORE OF A WAIT FOR YOU, BUT WE FEEL IT IS IMPORTANT.
5) WE HAVE MET ALL THE MAINE GOVERNMENT ITEMS ON CHECKLIST FOR "TAKE OUT", WE HAVE COMPLETED THE SERVSAFE PROGRAM'S "COVID-19 COURSE FOR TAKEOUT" & HAVE PUT IN PLACE ALL REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDANCE FROM THE MAINE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH (AGENCY THAT REGULATES OUR BUSINESS LICENSE)